Avenged Sevenforums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avenged Sevenforums

An Avenged Sevenfold fan forums for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Avenged Sevenfold (General) News:

Go down 
AuthorMessage
iSyn
Deathbats
Deathbats
iSyn

Quotes : How Do I Live Without The Ones I Love

Avenged Sevenfold (General) News: Empty
PostSubject: Avenged Sevenfold (General) News:   Avenged Sevenfold (General) News: Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:34 pm

A NEW AVENGED SEVENFOLD LIVE DVD, TOURING JAPAN, ORION MUSIC FESTIVAL AND MORE WITH M SHADOWS.

In the new issue of Kerrang! Magazine you can read through a great review of Avenged Sevenfold’s Kawasaki, Japan show and the biggest news to come out of the article is the fact that Avenged Sevenfold have been, and currently are, recording their performances to be used for a brand new live DVD. There’s also a short questionnaire with M Shadows where talks more about the DVD, touring Japan and the Orion Music + More Festival. Cheryl from Devil Bear Rock was kind enough to send me photos of the article and I went ahead and wrote it up so I could share it with you all.

As such, there’s a jubilant atmosphere here tonight as A7X tear through their 12-song set – one filmed for an upcoming DVD – kicking off with Nightmare. “Thank you for having us in your beautiful country,” shouts M Shadows before later calling the baying crowd to arms, “You guys ready to make this DVD look crazy as fuck?” And so Club Citta is just one big circle pit. “Japan is representing on the DVD, I can’t wait! Let’s just film the mosh pit.” It is quite a sight.

What can you tell us about your new DVD?
- “We’re trying to film everywhere besides the United States. We just did Europe last summer with Rafa – who did our first DVD, Live In The LBC, with – and now we want to do Asia and South America. We’re going to release something that represents everybody!”

——————————

What can you tell us about your new DVD?
- “We’re trying to film everywhere besides the United States. We just did Europe last summer with Rafa – who did our first DVD, Live In The LBC, with – and now we want to do Asia and South America. We’re going to release something that represents everybody!”

What are your favorite memories of touring in Japan?
- “First time we came here, we got to play Summer Sonic twice in a row in front of a full stadium. It was insane, we left backstage and there were kids chasing us. Oh, and we got to ride on the bullet train with Ozzy. That was awesome.”

How excited are you about playing Metallica’s U.S. Orion Festival in June?
- “It’ll be fun man! Nothing’s funnier than when Lars gives you a call – he talked about his kids, this and that and then said, “Let’s do this festival!” You don’t really tell him no! It’s good for us to get off our butts and do something!”

In the studio, right? Given that it’s nearly been a year since Avenged Sevenfold bid farewell to a heaving Download crowd last summer, surely they have their heads down recording new songs? Wrong. After four months of rest, they’re back on the road, starting a tour here in Kawasaki, Japan, that will eventually see them surging through Taiwan, Thailand, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, United Arab Emirates and and culminating in two dates supporting Metallica for their Orion Music Festival in New Jersey. Far from the seclusion of studio life, A7X are tearing things up on the other side of the world.

Tonight is sold-out, of course. Hardcore fans have been queuing since the early hours and the atmosphere is electric. Super-fan Maliko Sato is one of them, and she explains why. “This is the very first show in [Kawasaki] since The Rev passed away,” she says. “It means a lot to us that they’re here.” As such, there’s a jubilant atmosphere here tonight as A7X tear through their 12-song set – one filmed for an upcoming DVD – kicking off with Nightmare. “Thank you for having us in your beautiful country,” shouts M Shadows before later calling the baying crowd to arms, “You guys ready to make this DVD look crazy as fuck?” And so Club Citta is just one big circle pit. “Japan is representing on the DVD, I can’t wait! Let’s just film the mosh pit.” It is quite a sight.

Perhaps it’s because they’re filming a DVD, maybe he’s just happy to be playing again, but M Shadow is on fire tonight. Throughout he constantly jokes, even getting Zacky Vengeance to say “Arigatou Gozaimasu (Thank You)” and Synyster Gates to say “Konnickiwa (Hello).” Which is a better deal than bassist Johnny Christ gets – He’s forced to wear a pair of novelty ears thrown on stage (“You’re a beautiful princess”). With this kind of spirit delivered at the same time as anthems like Almost Easy, the night isn’t just a normal A7X show, it’s a party.

That said, the celebration does subside six songs in when they play So Far Away. “We’re going to play a song for our dear friend, your dear friend – The Rev,” Shadows says, somberly. “This goes out to our brother upstairs.” Just before the song hits its mournful conclusion, Shadows continues his reflection. “He always loved coming here, I can’t help but think of all the great things we had in Japan when he was around. I want to thank you guys,” It’s a perfect tribute.

Still, the show must go on and things only get wilder. From there they take in incendiary runs through Beast And THe Harlot and A Little Piece Of Heaven and, via a quick trip to Bat County, arrive at an encore of Fiction and Unholy Confessions. Suddenly, it’s clear why they’re taking theta time to start the next chapter of their career – it’s because this one is still reaching new heights.

Source: Deathbat News on Worldpress
Back to top Go down
http://planetarygogo.tumblr.com/
iSyn
Deathbats
Deathbats
iSyn

Quotes : How Do I Live Without The Ones I Love

Avenged Sevenfold (General) News: Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold (General) News:   Avenged Sevenfold (General) News: Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Metality UAE interviews Avenged Sevenfold

Avenged Sevenfold (General) News: 46601_424849055582_8308655582_5355887_8070305_n

US-based metal band Avenged Sevenfold is heading to Dubai’s shores this May 4th to play for the Middle East’s metalheads. The band have just released their new album ‘Nightmares’ to rave reviews and are currently touring the Far East before hitting the Flash Forum in Abu Dhabi on May 4th.

We nabbed a quick interview with the band’s vocalist M Shadows.

This is your second trip to the Middle East region, what made you come back?
The fans. We have been wanting to play over in the Middle East for the people of the Middle East for a long time. We don’t consider playing for the US troops a proper tour of The Middle East. Hopefully this will unlock some doors for us to keep coming back and play more places.

Avenged Sevenfold has been around for over 10 years – did you think have a defining moment where you thought ‘Hell Yeah we have made it’ and what was it?
No, I can’t think of on defining thing because it’s been so gradual. But there have been some defining moments for sure, such as touring and being received well with Iron Maiden and Metallica. Also headlining major festivals which we grew up going to, such as Warped Tour, Ozzfest and Uproar.

Can you give fans some hints on what you will play during the set and what people can expect?
Since this is our first time there expect a lot of the favorites. New stuff and old, a lot of energy.

The Middle East is quite divided over the acceptance of metal music, did it surprise you to find out that there are so many metal fans over here?
No, Heavy Metal is the most widely excepted music in the world. From the Middle East to Asia, to South America, heavy metal in my eyes is the worlds biggest music.

Your opening band for the Abu Dhabi show is Dubai-based metal band Anuryzm, what do you think of their music?
I have not heard them yet but by the time I get there I will be familiar. I’m very excited to check them out.

If A7X had not taken off and become a successful band, what would you be doing as a day job now?
There are a ton of things I’d love to do, possibly produce albums or be a writer would be on the top of my list.

Do you guys have any pre-show rituals you go through? If so, what are they?
Yes, I warm up, eat healthy, work out, and we all get together and remind ourselves of why we are there… world domination!

What was the toughest moment during the band’s existence and what did you do to overcome it?
Losing our best friend and drummer “The Rev”. We’re doing our best everyday to overcome the loss we feel.

What would your top tip be to all the underground metal bands in the UAE who are trying to make it big?
Be original and be confident in what you do.

Your shows in the US are very visual, how possible is that when you come to a location like Abu Dhabi?
We can’t bring over the whole show, but it will be comparable in means of energy and enthusiasm.

Grab a deluxe copy of Nightmare from iTunes for $12.99 here or from Amazon for $5.99 for the MP3 download here.

This video (below) is a raw and emotional tribute to Avenged Sevenfold’s late drummer Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan and celebrates the long-time friendship the band members have shared since forming A7X in Huntington Beach, CA, in 1999. The video was directed by Wayne Isham, who has directed videos for such artists as Metallica, Mötley Crüe, Megadeth, and Def Leppard, among many others. The heartfelt quality of the video is in keeping with the emotional resonance of the song, a very personal goodbye to Sullivan that appears on the band’s album Nightmare.

Back to top Go down
http://planetarygogo.tumblr.com/

Avenged Sevenfold (General) News:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avenged Sevenforums :: The Band :: General Avenged Sevenfold-
Jump to: